LAND TITLE INC...we make it easy to make it your home!
Make sure LAND TITLE is written in the contract as your settlement services provider.
Provide Title Company with Settlement Information:
- Copy of the Real Estate Contract Name/
- phone number of Mortgage CompanyName/
- phone number of Loan Officer
- Your current address (for pre-settlement correspondence with the title company)
PREPARE FOR SETTLEMENT
- Obtain necessary insurance coverage.
- For properties other than condominiums, you must have an original homeowner’s insurance policy at settlement with a paid receipt for the first year’s premium.
- The dwelling coverage must be at least the loan amount. Contact the lender for specific requirements.
- Verify All Lender’s Requirements Have Been Met
- Check with your loan officer or lender representative and verify that the lender has all requirements on hand.
- Determine Amount of Funds Necessary to Complete Closing
- Contact utility companies
- You will need to make sure that all utility companies are aware that you will be the new property owner as of the date of settlement.